We, the undersigned Founding Members, recognizing that
- in several countries of Europe, the veneration of Mary is part of the living intellectual and cultural heritage,
- the veneration of Mary, as a living tradition, is also displayed by the custom of pilgrimage and great pilgrimage
- in the spirit of the above, there are spiritual-cultural pilgrimages under different names (Marianska Put, Marienweg, Máriaút (Mary's Route), etc.) that connect pilgrimage sites at the national level have determined to
- see existing initiatives as a single, European-level intellectual and cultural path and manage and develop them as such
- network the existing routes with the European-scale Mary's Route, as well as organize them into a single system, and transform them into a spiritual, cultural and secular tourism program
- define the above as a European Cultural Route, as agreed by the Council of Europe,
- and therefore the European Network Association of Mary's Route (briefly and hereafter: EUNAM) is established as the responsible organization.
The idea of Mary's Route is to connect the intellectual and spiritual centres of Mary in Central Europe in a networked way with hiking, cycling, equestrian, and water pilgrimage routes. It is a route network that simultaneously explores and offers the cultural, artistic, architectural, and natural values along the routes.
The Christian and historical tradition of Mary's Route, the veneration of Mary is a common value, a common history, an own yet common identity for many European peoples. The common knowledge and common heritage of the peoples and ethnic groups of Europe is the mythical figure of the mother, it is an archetype, a part of the collective consciousness and the collective subconscious. This common, deep legacy has taken on a new meaning for two thousand years with Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ, whom they are attached to affectionately, not just religious people.
The Founding Members, through the establishment of EUNAM, want to serve to ensure, through the European cultural and spiritual heritage based on Christianity and the veneration of Mary:
- peoples to better recognize the value of each other
- people who seek God to be instructed to better know their faith and bring it to life
- common core values to increase mutual knowledge and mutual respect
- the interpersonal network of people of different nationalities, especially young people, to grow
- to involve young people in EUNAM to help increase the intellectual, cultural, economic and social knowledge of the younger generation
- local government and regional government cooperation to strengthen
- reciprocal tourism, especially the low-impact version of tourism to increase significantly
- local industry, local service, and gastronomy to develop
- an exciting, innovative, new attraction to the peoples of Europe and the world to offer
- the network of people-to-people contacts to expand and these networks to facilitate cultural, spiritual and economic cooperation and development
- Europe as a whole to be enriched by the modern display of the intellectual and cultural heritage of the peoples of Central Europe
- overall, EUNAM to increase the well-being, completeness, empowerment and development of the peoples of Central Europe;
- finally, to give new impetus not only to the functioning of NGOs, but also to provide a common development program for each state and government involved.